The conjugate bases of Bronsted acids H2O and HF are respectively:
1. H3O+ and H2F+, respectively
2. OH- and H2F+, respectively
3. H3O+ and F-, respectively
4. OH- and F-, respectively
Which of the following cannot act both as a Bronsted acid and as a Bronsted base?
Boric acid is an acid because its molecule
1. contains replaceable H+ ion
2. gives up a proton
3. accepts OH- from water releasing proton into the solution
4. combines with proton from water molecules
Which of the following fluoro-compounds is most likely to behave as a Lewis base?
Among the following the correct order of acidity is
1. HClO < HClO2< HClO3< HClO4
2. HClO2< HClO < HClO3< HClO4
3. HClO4< HClO2< HClO < HClO3
4. HClO3< HClO4< HClO2< HClO
Which of these is least likely to act as Lewis base?
Which of the following molecular hydrides acts as a Lewis acid ?
The tendency of BF3, BCl3 and BBr3 to behave as Lewis acid decreases in the sequence
Which ionic species has the greatest proton affinity to form stable compounds?